Monday, February 24, 2014

The Batman - Donnie and Batgirl


"I recently re-watched The Batman series and this was the result. It's supposed to be my link between the episode "Apprentice" and my old Teen Titans fanfic. I just really liked portraying Batgirl and Donnie as friends in my fanfic and I wanted to explore how they may have become friends in the first place. I'm sorry that his thing is so open-ended right now. If/when I finish it, I'll get it up on fanfiction.net." -Casey


Donnie walked down the quiet streets of Gotham City with his backpack slung over one shoulder. It was late in the afternoon and the sun was already disappearing behind the skyscrapers, casting the sidewalks in heavy shadows.
The teenager glanced over his shoulder cautiously at the faint whooshing sound of something flying above him, but there was nothing there. He stopped and surveyed the skyline for a few moments, but he saw nothing but the vague shapes of gargoyles against the orange sky.
He quickly strode down the sidewalk again, his head down and his eyes on the path in front of him. He came at last to the alleyway between two apartment buildings. This was the quickest route back to his home and he’d always taken it in the past. The passage was cast in shadow by the building looming over it, but either side of it was perfectly well lit, making the whole thing look eerily dark.
“Knock, knock?” Donnie called to the alley, waiting patiently for an answer.
“Who’s there?” a voice asked from above.
Donnie backed away from the darkness as a caped figure dropped into the passage from out of thin air. Donnie was relieved to see that it wasn’t the Joker, but the figure was too short to be the Batman either.
“Batgirl?” he whispered, as not to draw the attention of any passersby on the sidewalk. The girl took a few steps towards him, but she still in the veil of the shadows.
“Prank?” she asked in return, a touch of distrust in her voice.
Donnie frowned at her in annoyance. “Hey, didn’t your parents ever tell you about name-calling?” he refuted.
“Didn’t yours ever tell you that all clowns are evil?” she said stoically.
“Why are you following me?” he demanded. “I haven’t so much as looked at a clown since Joker abducted me. I was given a clean bill of health from two different psychiatrists.”
“From what I’ve heard, you’ve been reveling in your newfound street cred as a former crime clown,” Batgirl stated.
“What? That’s ridiculous,” Donnie began to say, but Batgirl held a small communicator out to his face, one that was square and black with a screen that displayed a bat shaped signal reader. Donnie listened as his own voice came loud and clear through the device, “Yeah, I did my time and everybody said it was safe for me to come back to school. Guess I have them all fooled, huh, huh, huh?” The recording ended with him laughing.
“It’s not what you think,” he insisted.


The Batman (C) DC Comics and Warner Brothers
Story (C) SuperheroGeek13

No comments:

Post a Comment