Sunday, November 24, 2013

Athol - Window

"Alright, so I did a lot of writing prompt type of stuff for Athol while I was working out the script, as I'm sure will become apparent if I keep posting them. A lot of this stuff is just scenes that are in fact cannon, but I've yet to find a place for them in the plot. My DeviantArt followers may remember this from a comic page I did a while back." -Casey




Through the window, there was nothing but darkness. The only thing to be seen was the clear white outline of the shattered glass against the blackness. Lightning struck and briefly lit up the rainy landscape outside. There was nothing out there.
A small boy stood watching the window, his expression somber and pained. A door behind him creaked open and the darkness was interrupted by the light of a small candle. In walked a woman dressed in her pajamas and housecoat. She moves slowly and timidly as if she was afraid to wake someone.
“Mr. and Mrs. Erin?” she whispered as she entered the room. “I’m sorry to intrude, but I heard a scream and---” the woman stopped short and a look of terror came over her. “My God!” she exclaimed breathlessly. She drew her hands over her mouth in order to bite back a sob and dropped her candle in the process. It was dark, but she could just make out the scene before her. Both Mr. and Mrs. Erin were dead. There was no mistaking that. The woman turned to see the little boy staring out the window vacantly as if he hadn’t even noticed her.
“Ciar?” she asked as she went to pick the boy up and hold his head against her shoulder. “Ciar, sweetheart, are ya alright?”
The boy didn’t answer; he just gripped her sleeve hard and closed his eyes. That’s when the wailing cry of a baby broke the silence. The woman pressed Ciar’s head against her shoulder as she marched past the bodies and made for the back room to retrieve the baby.

Characters and Story (C) SuperheroGeek13

No comments:

Post a Comment